The Menu Bar
The TinyTERM for Mac menu bar provides direct access to a number of settings and features. Keyboard shortcuts are also provided for most of the options.
- About TinyTERM provides name and version information.
- Preferences opens the connection settings.
- Services opens the macOS Services application.
- Hide TinyTERM hides the current TinyTERM window.
- Hide Others hides all application windows except TinyTERM.
- Show All unhides all TinyTERM windows.
- Quit TinyTERM closes the TinyTERM application, including all windows and tabs.
- New Emulator Tab opens the default session in a new tab within the current window.
- New Emulator Window opens the default session in a new TinyTERM window.
- Close Window closes the current TinyTERM window, including all tabs.
- Import Settings... opens a dialog box for importing a
- Export Settings... opens a save dialog for exporting the current configuration.
- Print Screen sends the text of the current screen to the default printer. This is not available in TN3270 or TN5250 emulations.
- Copy copies the currently selected text to the clipboard.
- Paste pastes the clipboard contents to the current cursor position.
- Show On-Screen Keyboard displays or hides the on-screen keyboard buttons.
- Extend Lines/Columns on Resize switches on or off automatic adjustment of the number of lines and columns when the TinyTERM window is resized.
- Start Dictation... opens the macOS dictation feature.
- Emoji & Symbols brings up the macOS Character Viewer.
- Connect connects the current session.
- Disconnect closes the current connection.
- Cycle Through Windows switches to the next TinyTERM window, if more than one is open.
- Minimize reduces the TinyTERM window to the dock.
- Select Next Tab switches to the next tab in the curernt window.
- Select Previous Tab switches to the previous tab in the curernt window.
- The remaining lines list the open connections, with option-number key combinations for switching to specific sessions.
- Search searches the TinyTERM for Mac menus and Mac help for keywords.
- Debug opens the debug menu, explained below.
- TinyTERM Help opens the default browser to the title page of this documentation.
- Select Output File opens a dialog for selecting the output file's path. The file itself will be named
- Output File sends debug output to the
- Debugger sends debug output to the system console.
The remaining debug settings determine what information is written to the debug output. Any or all may be selected. If none is selected, no debug output will be written.